Do you constantly feel sleep-deprived?
Are you always waking up with a numb spot on your back, a crick in your neck, or achy shoulders?
You know the drill: wake up, stretch, sip some coffee, pop a few ibuprofen, and then make your way to work.
The whole time that you’re at work, you’ll be feeling the dull ache in your neck and back. By now, though, you’re probably used to it.
You’ve most likely seen the commercials on TV for mattresses like the Tempurpedic or Sleep Number. Upon seeing their price, though, you quickly reevaluated your choice.
If you’re like many Americans, then you’ve resigned yourself to a lifetime of poor-quality sleeping.
Maybe if you get rich, you’ll finally be able to buy one of those fancy mattresses and get the sleep that you deserve for all of your hard work.
What if it didn’t have to be that way, though? What if you could bring home a memory foam mattress that feels even better than a Tempurpedic for a fraction of the cost?
Imagine being able to wake up in the morning feeling great. No aches and pains, no giant bags under your eyes, and no need to take a handful of ibuprofen just to make it through your day.
Wouldn’t you be a lot happier?
In today’s Novosbed review, we’re going to show you why a quality memory foam mattress doesn’t have to cost you your entire savings account. Let’s start off by looking at how it all started.
About The Novosbed
In 2009, twin brothers Sam and Andrew Prochazka launched Novosbed with their last $40,000.
They manufactured their first few beds in China. Fast-forward to the present day, they have a full-blown factory which operates exclusively out of the USA in their home state of Pennsylvania.
While the brothers have increased their company’s income exponentially, they haven’t forgotten where they came from. Sam and Andy are still in the office every single day answering phone calls and taking care of customers.
In fact, they attribute all of their initial success to providing impeccable customer support (in addition to a fantastic mattress). To this day, everybody who calls their number is guaranteed to talk to a live associate, and maybe the owners themselves.
Loved By Customers
Most online mattress distributors have an average return rate of around 10%, but Novosbed prides itself with a 3% return rate.
Once you take their mattress for a test drive, you’ll see why. Novosbed offers all customers a 120-night trial to prove that their memory foam mattress is one of the best in the world.
If you peruse through the Novosbed customer reviews, they’re regularly compared with global companies such as Tempurpedic.
The only difference is that Novosbed has better service, a free trial period, and costs considerably less.
Novosbed currently provides free shipping to everywhere in the continental United States and Canada.
So, what makes the Novosbed so great? For one, their pure memory foam design is made to cradle your every movement.
On the Novosbed, you’ll feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud. This bed can relieve pressure from trigger points and sore spots. The built-in air channels give you a cool sleeping experience, and the firmness can be completely adjusted both before and after purchase.
In our Novosbed review, we’re going to go over the features that set this bed apart from its competitors.
We’ll start by reviewing some of the basic features, then we’ll go into why these are so important when looking at your next mattress. Finally, we’ll finish off with some basic pricing information and our final verdict.
- Pure memory foam
- Three comfort levels
- Adjustable comfort
- Air channels for enhanced ventilation
- Upholstery-grade siding
- Washable cover
- Environmentally-friendly and CertiPUR-US certified
- Great customer support
These are all key components of a good night’s sleep. Now that you have a basic overview of what to expect from your Novosbed, let’s take a few minutes and go more in-depth.
Sleep Better With Memory Foam
Statistically, 80% of people prefer sleeping on a pure memory foam mattress over a traditional innerspring mattress. Memory foam cradles your body, relieving pressure points better than innerspring or hybrid mattresses.
Unlike innerspring mattresses which poke and prod your sensitive areas, the Novosbed molds to the natural shape of your body.
Whether you’re a side sleeper, back sleeper, or stomach sleeper, you will find that your weight is evenly distributed, and your muscles aren’t strained.
The Novosbed has three layers of foam which each serve a different purpose.
- Gel Foam: The gel foam layer is the upper layer. It has a squishy, absorbent feel to it, and is designed to give the sleeper the utmost level of comfort. This layer is ultra-adaptable and can conform to even the smallest curves in your body, leaving no space unsupported.
- Memory Foam: Underneath 2” of gel foam lies a 3” layer of traditional memory foam. The memory foam supports your weight and molds to the larger contours of your body. While you’re asleep, it “memorizes” your body-shape, and keeps its form.
- Support Foam: Finally, supporting all of this there is a 6” layer of supporting foam. This provides the resistance that you need and prevents sleepers from sinking into the mattress. The support foam is also responsible for motion isolation.
Besides cradling your body and providing superior comfort, an all-memory foam mattress also isolates your motion. This is an important consideration when sleeping with a partner.
Everybody moves while they sleep, and with Novosbed, you’ll never have to worry about your movements waking up your partner.
Another memory foam mattress that shares many of these same features is the NECTAR mattress, which we reviewed just last month.
The Novosbed comes in three different comfort levels; soft, medium, and firm.
Most people opt for the medium firmness, but if you’re on the lighter or heavier side, then you may wish to opt for the soft or firm level. The difference between firmness levels lies within the density of the middle layer of memory foam.
One of the biggest reasons that people return their mattresses for is that they picked the wrong firmness. Novosbed has a solution for this; the Comfort Plus kit.
If you aren’t satisfied with the firmness of your mattress, all you need to do is give Novosbed a call and explain your situation to them. Depending on your wishes (to have a softer or firmer mattress), they will send you a special foam layer.
Simply unzip your mattress cover (another cool feature we’ll get into later), and put the custom layer of foam inside. The process takes less than 2-minutes and will give you the exact firmness or plushness that you’re seeking.
If you still aren’t satisfied, you can return your mattress free of charge and Novosbed will donate it to a family in need.
Sleep Cool With Advanced Ventilation
Almost every Novosbed review you’ll read talks about how well-ventilated this mattress is. This is where the Novosbed shines when compared to other competing memory foam systems.
They achieve this through their special gel foam layer and high-tech cover. The mattress cover has micro-tunnels which allow heat to dissipate and cool air to flow in.
Unlike traditional memory foam which is infamous for retaining body heat and becoming hot to sleep on, the Gel foam is the complete opposite. It is very breathable and has millions of microscopic air pockets that ensure the foam never retains body heat.
Built To Last
Nobody wants to replace their mattress every 5 years. When you drop a significant amount of money on a new mattress (or any piece of furniture for that matter), you expect it to last. Many cheap mattress manufacturers build their beds to be replaced every 5 to 7 years. This is cheap and dishonest.
Novosbed stands out with an unprecedented 15-year warranty and high-quality construction that’s built to withstand the test of time.
- Washable Cover: This is one really neat feature. Unlike other mattresses which require you to purchase a mattress cover separately, Novosbed’s cover is easily removed for washing. We recommend that you wash your cover about once a month. This will keep dust mites, skin cells, and body oils from building up and damaging the foam underneath.
- Furniture-Grade Upholstery: Have you ever had the side of your mattress rip during moves or from daily wear and tear? Novosbed engineering features thick, durable, furniture-grade upholstery that’s far more durable than the thin, flimsy siding of competing brands.
- 15-Year Warranty: Novosbed is so confident in their mattress that they offer a generous 15-year warranty. They don’t have a lot of fine print either. As long as you’ve taken decent care of your mattress, used an appropriate base, and have pictures to prove it, they will replace your mattress free of charge if it degrades faster than normal.
- Zero-waste: Novosbed prides themselves on their zero-waste engineering process. Every ounce of material that they purchase for production will be used, and nothing will ever go to clog up a landfill.
- Tencel Textiles: Novosbed uses a material called tencel to make a lot of their mattresses. Tencel is manufactured by soaking recycled wood pulp into a vat of recycled solutions which help to break the wood down into a fiber that can be used for threading and textile applications. Using tencel textiles reduces waste of wood and prevents the repeated manufacture of harmful chemicals.
Novosbed is proud to wear a CertiPUR-US badge. This means that all of their products have been made with your safety (and the environment’s) in mind.
No heavy metals, dangerous fumes (such as formaldehyde), or allergy-causing chemicals were used during the production of this mattress. You can rest easy at night knowing that you will no longer be sleeping on a mattress that could be damaging to your health.
We wouldn’t be giving you an honest Novosbed review without telling you the downside. The primary disadvantage of this mattress lies in the fact that it doesn’t have much bounce.
For some people, bounce is important. It can give you a fluffy, light feel while resting on the bed, and can aid in bedroom activities. If you’re looking for a mattress that has memory foam support and the extra bounce, then the Sapira mattress is a great choice for you.
Pros and Cons
|Advanced memory foam support||No bounce|
|High-tech cooling gel foam prevents sleepers from getting hot at night.|
Sizing and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 74.5” x 11”||54 – 57 pounds||$899|
|Twin XL||38” x 79.5” x 11”||57 – 61 pounds||$949|
|Full||52.5” x 74.5” x 11”||75 – 80 pounds||$999|
|Queen||59.5” x 79.5” x 11”||92 – 100 pounds||$1,099|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||100 – 115 pounds||$1,299|
|California King||71.5” x 84” x 11”||115 – 124 pounds||$1,299|
If you’re looking for one of the best memory foam mattresses that money can buy, then this mattress should be at the top of your list.
We hope that our Novosbed review has shown you that you don’t need to be rich to get a good night of sleep. This mattress offers the technology and quality of popular mainstream mattresses and comes at a fraction of the price. It’s hard to beat that.
Novosbed comes in three different firmness levels, which gives you options no matter what your sleeping style or weight happens to be. If you change your mind over the course of the years, or you order the wrong firmness, Novosbed will send you a Comfort Plus adjustment kit free of charge.
Novosbed built their company on the principle of customer satisfaction. When you purchase this mattress, you can do so confidently. The friendly staff will never be pushy or disrespectful as typical mattress salesmen have been known to be.
So what are you waiting for? With a 120-night free trial period, you have nothing to lose but your aches and pains.